Montreal, December 4, 2020 - CIUSSS West-Central Montreal is reminding residents in its area to get vaccinated against the flu. The flu vaccination campaign continues until December 19, 2020.
This year, due to social distancing and the need to safeguard everyone’s well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic, the vaccine is offered on an appointment basis only at our five CLSCs and the Outremont Point of Service.
The Influenza (flu) vaccine is free for people at high risk and people in close contact with them:
- People aged 75 years old and over;
- Adults 18 years and older with certain chronic diseases;
- Children 6 months and older with certain chronic diseases;
- Pregnant women with chronic diseases, throughout their pregnancy;
- Pregnant women in good health, in their 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy;
- Family members who live in the same household of a child under 6 months of age or a person at higher risk of being hospitalized and to their caregivers.
Flu vaccination is also free of charge to:
- Healthy children from 6 to 23 months old;
- Healthy people from 60 to 74 years old.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org