The CCO-CRC program now offers the streaming of live exercise classes and education capsules in an online webinar format (we ask participants to close their camera during virtual sessions).
Join members of the team to move more and learn further about managing and preventing cardiovascular disease!
|Live Virtual Content||Description||Schedule||Recurring TEAMS link|
|Chair workout||Exercise while sitting on a chair, for participants with limited or reduced capacity.||Every Monday, 10h to 10h30||On Chair|
|Every Wednesday, 13h30 to 14h||On Chair|
|Educative capsule||Lectures on managing and preventing cardiovascular disease.||Every Monday, 10h45 to 11h||Capsule|
|Bodyweight workout||Exercise with your own bodyweight, for participants with few limitations.||Every Monday, 11h15 to 11h45||Bodyweight|
|Every Wednesday, 14h15 to 14h45||Bodyweight|
- Chair workout #1 (Jan-Feb 2021)
- Chair workout #2 (Mar-Apr 2021)
- Chair workout #3 (Oct-Nov 2020)
- Chair workout #4 (Nov-Dec 2020)
- Bodyweight workout #1 (Jan-Feb 2021)
- Bodyweight workout #2 (Mar-Apr 2021)
- Bodyweight workout #5 (April-May 2021)
- Bodyweight workout #3 (Oct-Nov 2020)
- Bodyweight workout #4 (Nov-Dec 2020)
- Stretching program (with description)
- Stretching program (images only)
- Early mobilization/range of motion program
Educative capsule content
Capsules are scheduled continuously. If you missed a capsule, you will have the opportunity to view it again. Come back later to see the next series' scheduled. You can find the summary sheet for every presentation by clicking the capsule's title below.
|Fixing proper goals||Mar 1, 2021|
|Mar 8, 2021|
|Managing cardiovascular risk||Mar 15, 2021|
|Panick attack or heart attack?||Mar 22, 2021|
|Mindful eating||Mar 29, 2021|
|Sleeping hygiene||Apr 5, 2021|
|Physical activity and change in temperature||Apr 12, 2021|
|Managing hypertension through lifestyle||Apr 19, 2021|
Fédération des kinésiologues du Québec (to find a kinesiologist in your area)
Physiotec (platform used by our kinesiuologist to create and share training program)
Move50plus (interactive platform containing a variety of training video created for 50+ year old participants, videos in french)
Choosing a physical activity monitor (article in french from protegez-vous.ca to decipher the world of exercise monitors)
- How to measure your blood pressure
- What happens during a heart attack and why we do rehabilitation
- What makes muscles grow?
- How sugar affects the brain
- The benefits of good posture
- Why sitting is bad for you
Nitroglycerine usage protocol (Nitro pump)
Cardiac College (online platform from Toronto Rehab, educative content and cardiovascular rehabilitation guide available in french, english, spanish, portuguese, punjabi, hindi)
Pulse Cardiac Health (cardiac rehabilitation program entierly virtual, paid program, english only)
Société québecoise de l'hypertension artérielle (Quebec hypertension society) (french website, content available in english)
To find a physiotherapist near you: Physiotherapist professional order website
Educatives videos on common problems (youtube video):
- Forzen shoulder, tendinitis, capsulitis: Stretches and exercises
- Tips for sitting posture, back and neck relief
- Arthritis/arthrosis in the knees: Stretches and exercises
- Back pain relief: Stretches and exercises
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Center is located within the Richardson Hospital, at the corner of Bessborough avenue and chemin Côte-Saint-Luc.
Participants can use the parking spots indicated in yellow below when they access the hospital parking lot at 6440 chemin Côte-Saint-Luc (red star on plan).
The parking is free for 2 hours when you grab a parking voucher by pressing the green button at the booth near the entrance. Make sure to place your voucher visible on your car dash. We are located on the ground floor, room JR36.
Parking is also available in the nearby streets, be sure to respect parking restrictions.